Robbie Gallagher is an Irish politician who is a Fianna Fáil Senator.
Senator Robbie Gallagher is a native of County Donegal but moved to Monaghan in 1989 as a member of An Garda Siochana where he served for a period of ten years. He is married to Karen and has two children, Darren and Aimee.
In 1999 he set up his own business trading as Sherry Fitzgerald Gallagher Property Advisors in Monaghan Town with four employees.
- Member Monaghan Town Council 1999 – 2014
- Member Monaghan County Council 2004 – present.
- Chairman of County Monaghan Joint Policing Committee
- Chairman of Monaghan Transport and Environment SPC
- April 2016: Member of Seanad Eireann (Labour Panel)
- June 2016: Spokesperson on Education, Seanad Eireann
In 2016 he contested in the Seanad Election on the Labour Panel and was elected to the 25th Seanad.
- Financial Services Union (FSA)
- Garda Representative Association (GRA)
- Permanent Defence Forces Other Ranks Representative Association (PDFORRA)
In June 2016 he was appointed Senate Spokesperson for Education.